Safety is one of the most important foundations of our business. Our goal is for a completely safe and incident-free work place in all of our sites around Australia and for a work environment that supports the health of our people and those of our clients and suppliers. To achieve these goals we have an enterprise-wide approach to safety that focuses on systems and processes, as well as rigorous engagement and active implementation.
As a privately-owned Australian company, The AirRoad Group has a strong culture focused on our clients and our people. Delivering Certainty is our guiding principle and we apply it equally to our dedication to fulfilling client requirements, in full and on time, and in the provision of a safe work environment for all of our people.
Our safety record compares favourably with industry standards. However, we regard any incident as unacceptable and we are working assiduously to ensure that:
- Our systems and processes are effective and comply absolutely with industry best practice and all regulatory standards.
- Our people are engaged in implementing and continuously improving them.
- A system for feedback is in place and feedback is actively encouraged.
- All sub-contractors, consultants and visitors are aware of our standards and are empowered to comply with them.
- We communicate our policies, performance and goals in the safety arena to all of our stakeholders ensuring the harmonisation approach is embraced.
- Our culture continues to evolve to align even more closely with the achievement of our goal of no incidents and zero harm.
The AirRoad enterprise-wide approach means safety is kept top of mind at every step in the supply chain - from safe packing and loading practices, transport scheduling and management plans, vehicle compliance and maintenance, to road safety and driver health and fitness - so that Chain of Responsibility obligations are respected and our reliable delivery performance is not compromised.
AirRoad collaborates with clients to ensure that our people and yours operate in safe and incident-free work environments. We encourage communication and feedback to ensure that we achieve our shared goal of ‘zero harm' across all our operations.